Based in Berlin, Germany
PC / Mac / Android / iOS
!!README!! This is the Presskit() of the old version of the game. For more current info head over to http://playdigious.com/chicken-jump/
Imagine a deadly racing game - where you are the pedestrian. The game was conceived in December 2014, during the monthly Berlin Mini Game Jam. An alpha version was uploaded on GameJolt in February 2015 – since then it has been played by thousands of people and more than 150 let's player, including PewDiePie. Inspired by a fan who modified the controls to use dance pads to play the game, a set of custom jump pad controllers was built and showcased at a number of public events, such as A MAZE. / Berlin and Abu Dhabi, Talk & Play and Join – Local Multiplayer Summit. An expanded version of the game is currently in development for desktop and mobile.
- 1-8 Player local multiplayer fun
- Play with friends or try to simultaneously control as many players as you can yourself
- Smiles on players faces guaranteed due to physics-based-humour-engine aka pure chaos
- One button controls make the game very accessible & allows for mobile and desktop play
- Custom made jump pads for public events available allowing players to control characters by physically jumping
- Loads of unlockable character classes with different special abilities: police slows down traffic, superheros let you start at higher waves (pro class), aliens can shapeshift into other classes, the devil can resurrect other players etc.
- Trading card mechanic: class abilities increase the more characters you have unlocked/collected in a class of 4
- Mix of character skills and undivided multiplayer/single player give room for fun experimentation and replayability
- Unlock environments
- Get rewards in the worlds largest human COINCHINKO
- Special multiplayer party modes: 5-for-the-win, Teamwaves etc.
Feature Trailer YouTube
Official Trailer YouTube
PewDiePie plays Chicken Jump YouTube
8 players with DIY jump pads at JOIN 2015 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PocketGamer.biz Big Indie Pitch @ Gamescom 2015" 2nd Place
- "Exhibited at Gamecity Nottingham 2016"
- "Party game at Unite Europe 2016 "
- "Exhibited at A Maze PopUp Abu Dhabi 2016"
- "This is what multiplayer arcade fun is supposed to look like."
- Alexandru Chirila, Softpedia
- "The thing about this game is you cannot stop playing."
- Tom Woolford, GoPlayThat
- "9 player game made in 8 hours from Firepunchd looks like the best thing you'll play today... (Note by Firepunchd: first prototype was for 9 players, now the maximum number is 8)"
- Sean Murray, Hello Games
- "I wasn't able to play but I'll still rate 4 stars I saw someone play I quite liked it."
- Snivy_Scott, Game Jolt player comment
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
More Let's Play Videos
Here's a playlist of all the Chicken Jump let's play videos (200+ and counting). // youtube.com.
I've used @mikelovesrobots awesome city and characters, licensed under CC BY 4.0. // github.com.
My 11 year old son Anton made the green shells and other voxely things. Love ya. // firepunchd.com.
myMelody StereoMix by stu. // 8bitpeoples.com.
Sat pt.2 - In The Funkpit || Sunny Chiptune by Finefin. // soundcloud.com.
Create A Song in A Day Challenge Nr1 || Accidental Skwug || Echiptian Swaggah by RoccoW. // bit.ly.
All Will Be Well || This Little Piggy Danced || Electric Donkey Muscles by RoccoW. // bit.ly.
Creative Commons// creativecommons.org.
Description text borrowed from Alexandru Chirila's review of the game. // games.softpedia.com.
Changing diapers during the day and indie game developer (by heart) at night.
More information on Firepunchd, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Chicken Jump Credits
Most of the stuff