Based in Berlin, Germany
PC / Mac / Linux / Web
A tale about life beyond the paywall.
This is a game made for #flappyjam & (but was too late) for #candyjam. Inspired by the contraints of the #flappyjam theme & gameplay: "make a hard, almost unplayable game" and the love for games that you can actually fail & master (that's where the #candyjam f2p thing comes in)
- 4 player messy competitive local multiplayer
- hidden hardcore mode
- ever increasing, increasing difficulty
- global ranking (on local hiscore improve)
- moar glitches
- lots of "game over" screens
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Ridiculous Glitching. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "I absolutely adore the glitch aesthetic and had quite some fun playing it."
- Rami Ismail, Vlambeer
- "What lies beyond in the infinite void of data? One hard-ass game, that's what."
- Chris Person, Kotaku
- "Flappy Bird + multiplayer + retro glitch hell, or, in the words of the jam it came from, “a hard, almost unplayable game”. As the level progresses (aka you survive more than a few seconds) the game distorts, colors warping and dimensions shifting. The challenge is even knowing what you’re looking at."
- Porpentine, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "One of the best takes yet on the Flappy Bird mechanic, Ridiculous Glitching is a competitive multiplayer arcade game for up to four players on the same keyboard...A single-player option is included for practice runs, but the game only starts to shine when you can round up a few friends to play together with."
- Tim W, indiegames.com
- "Hey, You Should Play This"
- Patrick Klepek, Giant Bomb
The game song without which the whole thing would be boring:
"You Kill My Brother" from Micro Invasion (Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.), available on freemusicarchive.org.
The game uses the awesome Unity Glitch Shader
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License, available on github.com.
Changing diapers during the day and indie game developer (by heart) at night.
More information on Firepunchd, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ridiculous Glitching Credits
Most of the stuff